Subject: Re: BetacamSP demanding
From: [email-masked] (Fernando Martins)
To: [email-masked] (LightwaveML)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 96 01:58 GMT+0100

Hi Mike!

>1. Get a PVR.  If you can't afford it, get a PAR.  (I don't know if you're
>running Amiga or PC) I hate to say it, but if you can't do component,

I said I used the VLab Motion, so I'm using Amiga!

>2. Make your machine portable.  Get used to going places to dump, unless you

My A4000 is not that heavy, I don't have much stuff in there, just the
WarpEngine, VLab, and 2 harddrives, all the other stuff is external.

So, I guess the PAR has component output, right? What I need is a module to
plug into my VLab Motion (I heard of one) or wait for the 32bist version. The
problem is that I'm running out of money :( so I can't buy the stuff. So, I
have to get a job, but to get tyhe job I have to have the BetaSP output! It's
a endless loop :(

>Most often I am dumping directly into non-linear editors like the IMMIX cube.
>The new Turbo Cube has component ins.   The quality from the PAR to the IMiX
>is unbelievably great going component.  There's very little degredation,
>especially since it's not re-compressing with the same compression alg.
>(PAR=Motion JPEG, IMMIX=wavelet)

That's interesting, since the VLM is also Motion JPEG.

>income right now.   At the worst, it at least pays for it's loan payment
>every month.  So ask yourself if a little more investment will pay off
>in the long run.

Right, I have to get a loan somewhere...

>I'm done babbling now, this is probably much more than you wanted to hear,
>and I apologize for my tendancy to wander from topic to topic.

Don't apologize, you were very helpful :) Thanks

BTW, thanks to everybody. A Special thanks to Stephen Bowie for keeping my
faith in the Amiga (the VLab is the main reason I still work in it) :)

  __ _ _
 /_ /|/|
/  /   | [email-masked]